Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Updates

11:20am - I'm at F. Hospital, using the computers in the TB library again.  This seems to work for daytime hours.

They put my mom in the surgical oncology unit until there's space in gyne oncology.  She's conscious and even walked to the bathroom.  She has no recollection of yesterday's events, apart from remembering that she was sitting in the garden and feeling fine.  Back on oxygen now.  Still no answers from the doctors, we're desperately hoping this isn't a brain or spinal metastasis, and would be 'relieved' (everything is relative now) if it were something that may be related to her brain surgery from three years ago.  They've mentioned some things about scar tissue.  The MRI isn't done yet, but still on the agenda for today.  And they're still talking chemo Friday.  If things drag on with the MRI and results, they'd keep here here until chemo.

Thanks for all your support, everyone!  Even though I haven't gotten back to everyone in great detail, it helps to know you're out there.  Whether I can talk to you before falling asleep, or know I can call for coffee, those are the things that really help right now.

2:03pm - Just home for a power nap.  I had a letter in the mail with the results of my mammogram.  Great news:
We have found no significant abnormality on your examination.  Your physician will assess the results of this examination in the light of your own particular situation.  If here is no concern now and you are 40 or over, yoy should have your mammogram in one year, or sooner if some breast problem develops before then.
10:50pm - My mom went for the MRI this evening, but they're not giving us the results until tomorrow.  I've been tense and anxious, so time to whip out the book again for some self-help.  Half an hour to an hour before bedtime has been devoted to reading these days, and I find that it helps me unwind from the day.

I got to catch up with quite a few people today, which has helped a lot: TM&OA, G., DAK will be my 'phone support' before I go to sleep and has offered to stay in Calgary tomorrow night, and M. let me come over for an hour.  I've still been wanting to tell him about 'the big thing', but again timing just didn't seem right.  I feel that he deserves to - and probably should - know, but as it's a big topic I feel we'd need a bit more time to talk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park