12:20pm - The last couple of days have been busy catching up on errands and other things so that I can take some time off from this afternoon to tomorrow. The weather is gorgeous out there and I just took a lunchtime stroll through Eau Claire. The waterpark is bustling with activity and people are sitting on the grass everywhere. Great summer day. I'm off to another appointment, then off somewhere outside the city, though I don't know where to yet. It'll be one of those times where I just drive with no destination in mind.
This morning I went for my first mammogram. Holy moly, who knew they could squeeze your breast down to a centimetre thick? They also gave me an ultrasound and the technician made a comment that everything's looking great. Yay :-).
7:50pm - Well, where to begin? I had a working session with Az. which was really helpful. I'm not going to get into the deep heavy stuff here, but for the 'simpler' things she suggested that I may want to start exercising one hour a day for six days a week. In the last year to 18 months that alone has proven to decrease cancers by 30-40%. Seems like such an easy thing to do! De-stress!!!!
I don't know what got into me after, but I stopped by the K. Wine Market and bought a random bottle of wine. Because I'm going away I didn't want it to go stale, so figured I'll drink it throughout the afternoon/evening. The first glass alone induced a two-hour nap. I love this warm weather though. Maybe there's a bit of Stampede fever in there as well (and I am no fan of the Stampede), but people seem cheery, and I feel up to a big BBQ or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment