Monday, July 12, 2010

Praying for my mom

4:20pm - My mom collapsed this morning, then had a seizure and slipped into a coma.  A plane took her to Calgary where the neurosurgeons and oncologists will assess.  They believe a brain metastasis likely caused this.  I'm in disbelief, in shock, sad.

11:45pm - No answers from the doctors yet. She was a little awake for a little bit, so I gave her a kiss on the cheek which I believe she remembered.  We shared a great day yesterday:

  • Walked part-way up Marble Canyon with my mom.
  • Had a BBQ on the terrace with my parents.
  • Three of us watched TV together until midnight.
I'm happy that my mom could see her garden again, which she was so proud of.  When she collapsed it was right by the rose bushes with my dad by her side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park