7:45pm - All winter I had looked forward to the warmth of summer and being able to sleep in a tent. I love waking up in quiet places, where sometimes all you hear is wind, water, or the crackling of a campfire. Somehow I'm not as scared about heading out there on my own as I used to be, and I have this incredible urge to at least spend a night or two sleeping in a tent this summer. Maybe it's wanting to really be part of nature, to get away from everyday craziness, technology, and all other clutter. I've been researching solo trips, and feel that I could pull one off if I time it right. The August long weekend, for example, would mean trails see heavier traffic, at which time I think it would be safer to be out there on your own. A campsite, on the flip side, would be easier to get on a weekday. However, I learned from S. that we can random camp in any Wildland Provincial Park and just need to let the nearest info centre know. That is the option I'm leaning towards. Just think how much bliss one can get from enjoying nothing but raw nature for a couple of days.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Into the Wild - Solo Style
12:25pm - My photography plan for Minnewanka didn't work out - I didn't find Aylmer Lookout that photogenic, especially after having just been up Mount Allan. Below are a few photos from yesterday's outing to Emerald Lake and Takkakaw Falls.
7:45pm - All winter I had looked forward to the warmth of summer and being able to sleep in a tent. I love waking up in quiet places, where sometimes all you hear is wind, water, or the crackling of a campfire. Somehow I'm not as scared about heading out there on my own as I used to be, and I have this incredible urge to at least spend a night or two sleeping in a tent this summer. Maybe it's wanting to really be part of nature, to get away from everyday craziness, technology, and all other clutter. I've been researching solo trips, and feel that I could pull one off if I time it right. The August long weekend, for example, would mean trails see heavier traffic, at which time I think it would be safer to be out there on your own. A campsite, on the flip side, would be easier to get on a weekday. However, I learned from S. that we can random camp in any Wildland Provincial Park and just need to let the nearest info centre know. That is the option I'm leaning towards. Just think how much bliss one can get from enjoying nothing but raw nature for a couple of days.
7:45pm - All winter I had looked forward to the warmth of summer and being able to sleep in a tent. I love waking up in quiet places, where sometimes all you hear is wind, water, or the crackling of a campfire. Somehow I'm not as scared about heading out there on my own as I used to be, and I have this incredible urge to at least spend a night or two sleeping in a tent this summer. Maybe it's wanting to really be part of nature, to get away from everyday craziness, technology, and all other clutter. I've been researching solo trips, and feel that I could pull one off if I time it right. The August long weekend, for example, would mean trails see heavier traffic, at which time I think it would be safer to be out there on your own. A campsite, on the flip side, would be easier to get on a weekday. However, I learned from S. that we can random camp in any Wildland Provincial Park and just need to let the nearest info centre know. That is the option I'm leaning towards. Just think how much bliss one can get from enjoying nothing but raw nature for a couple of days.




No comments:
Post a Comment