The Bugaboos
I never thought about the Bugaboos as a place I'd ever go hiking (another link). We took a quad to the Bugaboo Lodge once a few years ago, so it always seemd more like quadding area to me (though the proper Bugaboos are obviously only accessible by foot or helicopter). This one made it back onto my radar though now that someone has an overnight trip to posted to Conrad Cain Hut. I love the look of the spires and glacier.
Mount Assiniboine
Assiniboine seems to be one of those must-go-there-once classics. I'd want to stay at the Naiset Huts, just lounge around the meadows and take pictures of the wildflowers. Knowing me, I might cheat and take the helicopter in or out for one direction at least. Otherwise it's a pretty dull 27km approach.
Mountaineering Camp
I first planned on taking Yamnuska's Intro to Mountaineering Camp last year, then was busy with other hikes and stuff. I still want to take it some time, to learn about glacier travel and one day make it up Mount Athabasca.







No comments:
Post a Comment