Thursday, July 29, 2010

Snap

I got my Canon G10 just over a year ago and figured that once I know how to use more of the manual features I may supplement it with a real SLR camera.  I've loosely started looking again, but there's so much out there that I don't really know where to begin.  These are some key things that I'd like to be able to achieve:
  • Blurry backgrounds
  • Long exposures
  • Greater zoom


And these are features that I want the camera to have:
  • Dials at the top vs. having to go into menus
  • Interchangeable lenses
  • Built-in flash (ideally not pop-up)









Some things that I still need to look into:
  • What will be the ideal combination of lenses for me?  What mm range?
  • What kind of filters would I need for very long exposures? (i.e., nighttime shots, moving water)
  • What other accessories might I want to play around with?
  • Which place would offer the best courses? SAIT or MRU?
  • How would I best achive HDR images?
Last year this was a camera that I was eyeing (Panasonic Lumix G1).  I love the look of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park