I am sore from yesterday, but a good sore. Blisters, muscles I seem to never have used before (and why does one get sore hips when walking anyway?), and a slight bit of sunburn. It feels great to have done this and I've definitely
pushed myself to my limits, but I will
need the day to recover. I anticipated
Caldron Lake to be a challenge tomorrow with only one rest day inbetween two big days, but that's off now - crampons & ice axe still needed for the last stretch. Maybe I'll just take a drive up to
Peyto Lake and putter around the shore for some photography on my own. This bridge looks intriguing. I haven't been out on a
photography day in some time, and with the forecast this week I think I'll be able to practice some sunrises and sunsets. The tripod and filters are ready to go.
Somewhere along the Caldron Lake Trail - down by Peyto inlets?
S. is on for
camping next week. I'm so looking forward to it, and can't believe that it's next week already! I'll have to get an
ice axe from MEC now. At least car camping will make logistics easier.
And in this whirlwind of life, I mentioned to M. that one day we'll have to talk about the 'big thing'. I'll leave it up to him to decide when that might be, but find that it'd be sad if he never knew. I need to get this off my chest.
Great friend to have, so I hope we'll be able to do some things we always enjoyed together at least. Oh, and I love this little person :-).
No comments:
Post a Comment