Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rocks

A few months ago I came across Lin Ottinger's Utah Rockhounding website.  Perhaps it's a bit of an oddity, or at least a little unusual, but this guy seems to have a following.  The Utah area is rich with unique rocks, and finding some of them didn't sound too difficult.  Ever since I came across that website and then more recently having stopped at the Field visitor info which had loads of rock books, I've kept a closer eye out in the mountains here.  I've been inspired to learn what some of these rocks and things here are called.  I still have no clue as I haven't gone to check out an entire section of the library yet, but will start to dump some links here as I come across some new stuff.  Maybe some rock searching will be in order?  Maybe MEC will have a little rock book for dummies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park