Saturday, May 1, 2010
A Walk in the Woods
For the past year I've been back to reading - reading for the sheer joy of it, and rarely watching TV. Someone just recommended a 'novel about hiking somewhere'. Sure, thanks for the tip, I thought. When I was in the library checking out the entire mountain bike section, one book was a little further out on the shelf; enough so that I noticed it. It was A Walk in the Woods, so I grabbed it. I'm only on chapter 2, but it's a hilarious account of hiking. So much I can relate to - shopping sprees at outdoor stores (do you really need all that stuff?), researching hikes (grabbing every book you can get your hands on), and even a bear encounter (though I've thankfully never been awoken by one in a tent). As a real account of hiking the Appalachian Trail, I'm sure there'll be plenty of adventures to come. So far this guy's not even on the trail yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment