In the past when I've travelled I would generally spend every night at a different place. This was my method of seeing as much as possible in as little time as possible. It was
go, go, go and in the end I would need a vacation from a vacation. It also meant packing up every day, and somewhat restricted what activities I could do as I'd still have to get from point A to point B in the same day. This time I'm trying something new: I am forcing myself to
keep slowing down by spending the first three nights at one place and the last three nights at one place. No moving out early allowed. I will also have a kitchen for most of the nights, so can keep eating healthy food. Inbetween will be a couple of longer driving days through some spectacular scenery, including
'Switzerland'. The rest will allow me to explore places more in depth - take walks, hike, sightsee, walk barefoot through the sand, be close to incredible sunrise & sunset photography locations, and stop for meals. No grabbing meals and eating in the car allowed either.
This will be home away from home for a while. I'm getting very excited!
The Budget:
- Flights: Free due to Air Miles + $133 taxes
- Hotels: 5 nights for $300 + 4 free nights
- Car: $300 (they ding you if you return at a different location)
- Tyrolean traverse to a magical freestanding red tower: $180
- Heading up above 4,000m elevation: Lung capacity.
- The experiences I'll get out of this: Priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment