Sunday, May 9, 2010

♥ Happy Mother's Day! ♥

I had originally planned a very long outing yesterday, which meant I wouldn't be getting back until very late at night, and would therefore not be going out to Canmore this weekend. Instead, I invited my parents over for brunch. Perhaps that seemed a little unusual to them because they know my cooking skills can be a little lacking, and the things that I do cook aren't always up their alley (i.e., no burgers squished into tomatos, no brown rice, etc.). A few days ago I got an e-mail from my mom saying she talked in her sleep ... that I really don't have this potato cooking down. Hmmm. I've been trying to figure out what to cook, and in the end decided to keep it simple, to decrease the chances of screwing something up. Last night we talked again, and my mom inquired what cake I would have? Um, cake? I haven't baked in years. How could I forget that they always love their coffee in the afternoon, but so often have cake to go with it?!?!?! So, now I have precisely two hours to figure something out. Get myself ready, and then get some food ready.

Here's to many more mother's days with my mom. I want her to see her grandkids, and just for the two of us to have more mother-daughter time. Maybe by the end of this year we'll be able to go on a mother-daughter trip again like we had done for a few years. Then work got in the way, but that is all less important now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwwww
Your mom is so pretty and you so look like her
Dee

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park