Now I'm home catching up on a bunch of stuff.
- Sent e-mail to my parents' realtor letting her know what my mom wants now.
- Contacted the Canadian Cancer Society to inquire about wigs. Will look at some tomorrow or the day after.
- Gave my little cousin in Germany the bad news.
- Made an appointment with my gynecologist. I'm going after every screening I can get now. If they don't want to give it to me, I'll get it from private places.
- Signed up for the Weekend to End Women's Cancers. I opted for the one-day version as I'll want the second day of a weekend to be out in Canmore.
8:24pm - Just a quick update, but it's been a positive evening. I spent a couple of hours at the hospital, my mom got an oxygen bottle on a mini cart that she can walk around with, so she's been taking off way faster than she's been able to for the last two weeks. We did two large loops around all of the 4th floor in quite little time. Her oxygen levels have also gone up past 90% again. Still aiming for 97%+, but this is a big step up from the 80-82% that she's been sitting at.
One of the oncologists was also talking to my mom as I arrived and seems to have calmed her down quite a bit. My mom needs to decrease her stress levels, so she'll get anti-anxiety medication. We discussed options that are available at the Mayo Clinic, only to find out that the way this treatment/therapy is given here is modeled after the Mayo Clinic, so pretty much the same. That was a big reassurance. I'll still be doing research on it, but it sounds like at least we won't have to travel for the main surgery and main treatment. The chemo nurse will stop by tomorrow and my mom should be home for next weekend again.
No comments:
Post a Comment