Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wildflower photography trial 1

1:50pm - It's a beautiful day out in the mountains!  The sun is out, I was up early, and drove out into the  'wrong' direction (i.e., east towards Bow Valley Provincial Park) while blasting the stereo.  We didn't see as many wildflowers as expected, but had a nice lazy morning out in the sun, playing with the cameras.  My dad's SLR was useless to me, so below are a few results from my G10.  Now I'm itching for more, so heading out again. 

Western Wood Lily

Yellow Lady's Slipper




Shooting Star

9:00pm - After this morning's photography outing I was full of energy and needed to do something in the mountains.  I headed towards Banff, first to go on a bike ride to Sundance Canyon and then to take photos at Vermillion Lakes.  Inbetween the two I went for a walk along Fenland Loop.  It's a hidden little treasure in Banff - very quaint area, quite lush, great views, and had an interpretive brochure to explain things.  Romantic little spot really, and a few benches to take lazy breaks on.

Sundance Canyon

Sundance Canyon

Sundance Canyon

Sundance Canyon

Sundance Canyon

Blue Cleamtis, Sundance Trail

(???), Sundance Trail

Star-flowered Solomon's seal, Fenland Loop

Bear claw scratches on tree, Fenland Loop

Fenland Loop

Vermillion Lakes - the canoe arrived at just the right time

1 comment:

Dee said...

That yellow flower is Buffalo Bean

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park