3:50pm - Today is turning out much better than expected. I was feeling tense last night, but that was wiped away by the morning. This morning I had a Dr. appointment, so I'm being sent for a breast ultrasound, mammogram, and MRI to start screening. Normally you don't get mammograms until you're 40, at age 35 they give them to you if you're high risk, so they had to jump through a couple of hoops to get me one. I hadn't requested one, but the breast doctor felt I should have one considering my mom's history and us having chosen against the genetic screening. They feel that if nothing else, it'll give me some peace of mind. Less worry is sounding great to me! As I walked out of Grace Women's, I saw my parents drive up to TB, so I waited for my mom as she had the abdominal fluid drained (2.5L). So far so good.
I'm also feeling full of energy again. Maybe it's the sun and warm weather, but I am ready to go! Not sure where, but ready for some adventure. I have three hikes to look forward to: Memorial Lakes, Mount Allan, and Mount Aylmer. Inbetween those I'll knock off a bunch more shorter ones, as well as shorter bike rides, on my own. I'm feeling fearless, and ready to roll. Maybe tomorrow I'll buy a summery dress. Today as I was in Safeway I was craving sweets, but insted got blueberries and other fruit, then had a BBQ chicken salad with loads of sprouts for lunch. I even bough fish, and I normally don't east seafood. Now I'll read another chapter in the book (gorgeous day to sit on the balcony), then probably head oustide again.
10:50pm - I caught up with DAK today. He's the one I could call at any time of day, so a big help in that way. And more calling to do tonight :-).
After my afternoon burst of energy I actually crashed... so much so that I fell asleep on the couch for an hour. Now I'm back at it, lots of puttering around. Spoke to my mom briefly and she walked two flights of stairs today, yay! We hope that this will continue to make the breathing better and that maybe one day soon she'll be able to get off the oxygen. She says more hair has been falling out since I saw her this morning, and tomorrow will be the first time that she'll take a cap or scarf out into public. Good thing I set out the wig before I left there yesterday.
Off to do my bedtime reading homework now, then some good zzzz.
2 comments:
You have made me SMILE with you enthusiasm.
Smiles and laughter (hugs too) are the greatest medicine to cure what ails you......did you know that. You are always in my thoughts...:-)
Male hugs are the most therapeutic ;-)
Post a Comment