11:00am - Day three after chemo seems to be off to a good start. Still no nausea or any other adverse side effects, just some tiredness. Last night I sorted through all my medications for my mom - we have one pill box for chemo-related stuff (mainly anti-nausea), one pill box for other prescription drugs, and one pill box for vitamins and minerals. After day three of the chemo cycle we no longer need the chemo drugs, so after today she'll be down from about 20 pills a day to 12-14 or so.
On my agenda for today:
- Banking for my mom
- Look into insurance plans for medication (my pharmacist says Blue Cross isn't the best in this case)
- Get groceries for the week
- Sort through medication receipts from the last two weeks and submit claims
- Get appointment with Dr. R., the cancer counsellor
- Go for a bike ride
10:00pm - The rain and snow finally stopped a short while ago. I checked out the Benchlands Trail Bike Skills Park, which I didn't even know existed. It's less than 2km away, so an easy place to work on some skills. There are mud hills to jump over, as well as logs and rocks to balance on.
After the bike park it was off to Bow Valley Provincial Park. I'm itching to go camping now. It would be a nice quick getaway from the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment