Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Deep relaxation


12:15pm - While I haven't been posting much about these things, I've still been doing my homework.  I have a white book on the nightstand right now, and each evening have been reading a chapter and then doing the exercises.  A lot of it is about thinking - cognition - but a section also touched on deep relaxation.  This prompted me to pull out the sheet of de-stressing exercises that I had gotten from the E. lady a while ago.  It takes about 15 minutes to go through it once, but afterwards you do feel more relaxed.  I think it's something about tensing up certain muscles, then relaxing, and it sucking everything else away with it (in a way). 

I've been thinking about going back to work for July 12, but as that week is also the pre-chemo week, when patients generally feel the best, will probably take it off as well.  At that time my mom might be up for going to Invermere for a night or two, so we're planning a bit of a mini vacation.  My dad's just about back from the cabin where he built more trails (more like highways) over the last few days with the cat.  I'd like to go quadding this summer as well.  There are a few routes where we'd drive backcountry on old fire roads for 50km, but always missed the last portion - the scenic point - where you have to hike.  He's been bugging me to come to Tiger Pass with him for the last year or two even, so it's time to do somehting for him as well.  So, then if I'd be back at work around July 19, I think I'd try to go to a 4-day workweek and get back into a routine until the surgery.

Tiger Pass in the Kootenays


9:05pm - I came home to find flowers at my doorstep.  For now they're making a great subject to practice macro shots on.




10:15pm - I worked through another chapter in the white book. Here's a quote that I should probably keep in mind:
Feel good in the here and now.
While reding through the chapter, I also realized that my perfectionism has gone down big time. I didn't really notice the chance, but think it's something that happened gradually over the last two to three months.

Moving forward :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park