8:00 - Happy Weekend! I feel on a roll, ready to tackle anything.
Today started with chemo (2nd cycle), which went well. My mom's CA125 has dropped from 7,128 on May 23 to 5,429 on June 22 (normal is 0-35). This is a good sign that she's likely responding to the chemo. I took loads of fruit salad to TB, figuring my mom could have some for lunch and then my parents can have the rest for desert, but she ate most of it at lunch. Appetite's good today, she said she'll do her physio exercises and still walk two sets of stairs tonight. Enjoying the sun first though.
Then I had a nice lazy afternoon to myself. I ran some errands and then ended up in (gasp) a mall. I bought a hot, hot, hot t-shirt ... nice and form-flattering, seeing how the breast doctor told me yesterday that apparently my breasts are just getting bigger (maybe it's that pill, which has this listed as a 'side effect'). Not sure what exactly made her say that, but I'll take it as a compliment. At least the comment was better than what the woman on the phone asked when I called to find out where the appointment was: "Would you like a reduction?". Um, no thank you, ma'am.
And now I got back from a BBQ. Only issue was that I was talking to people for too long that by the time I made my way over to the BBQ all hot food was already devoured. So I'm having Nutella and a wiener for dinner. It was great to see MF, MG, WH, AH, VE and some others again. And thanks to the following for supporting the Weekend to End Women's Cancers today: MG, DS, and VE.
Better go top off this day with a trip to MEC.
No comments:
Post a Comment