8:45pm - For the past three months or so I had been doing really well with the 'new me', having decreased my stress levels, eating healthy, exercising more, trying new things, and having a new approach to life. While the circumstances of the last couple of weeks have derailed me a fair bit, it's time to get back at it. I just got back into the city, partly because I have a fair number of errands to run tomorrow, but also to get some of my strength back. I will start looking into things like drop-in sessions for relaxation-type activities and going for a massage - things to keep me occupied, keep my mind off of things, and something to get my stress levels down and continue on with the 'new me'. On Friday I have an appointment with Dr. R., the cancer psychologist, so that should help me get some clarity as well. Onwards and upwards!
11:05pm - I'm starting with baby steps. To get off on my relaxation binge, I had a hot bath with massage oil in it. On top of that I listened to relaxing music, then called a friend for a bit. Now I took a sleeping pill which probably won't take too long to take effect, and will do some light reading to ease me off into some zzzzz. The thought of a potential bike ride tomorrow evening (pending weather) has me excited.

No comments:
Post a Comment