1:05pm - The chemo tiredness might be kicking in. My mom slept 11 hours, but so did I ... and we're still tired. Still, my mom insisted that we make jam. I've never done that. She had a stool by the stove, but it all worked out.
I had to get her baking chocolate yesterday, so I suspect a cake will be next.
7:45pm - We went for a drive to Lake Minnewanka and at Johnson Lake my mom walked all the way to the bridge with me (and without oxygen). She sure needed the oxygen after, but the walk was on a bit of a slope, so a big improvement from the hospital corridors. We also checked out Two Jack campground. In all the years of living in Canmore we'd never gone there. Two Jack Lakeside, on the other side of the road, was much nicer and would actually be a nice hiking base for summer. Easy car camping.
Johnson Lake
10:35pm - Overall it's been a great, positive day. Evenings, however, are tougher for me. It's when I most feel I'd need someone around to help me get through some of these times. My mom's crying herself to sleep, which can trigger the same in me. It'll be sleeping pill night for me, and then reading for a while as a distraction. I had started a ritual of reading for an hour before bedtime a while ago as part of 'new me' and to unwind in the evenings. So far it's always helped. I've also been thinking more about work this evening, and think I might like to try going part-time, working Tuesdays to Thursdays. I'll talk to them about that this week.
Tomorrow I'll try to overcome some of my fear of being in the backcountry myself and take my bike out (provided it stops raining). Option are the Moraine Lake Highline Trail, the Great Divide Bike Path from Lake Louise to the Lake O'Hara parking lot, Pipestone River, or something else in that general vicinity. I kinda feel invincible on my bike, even though I know I still need to carry my bear spray.
No comments:
Post a Comment