Today is my last vacation day, and while I told some that I may come into the office, after spending a couple of days at the hospital last week I chose to take a 'me day' instead. The criteria I set myself was that I would have to get out and try something new. Last night I looked at Wellspring's calendar and there was a Meditation Sampler on for today. Again, I had absolutely no idea as to what to expect. Meditation had always sounded religious to me, and all my life I have been steering clear of things like that. Being spiritual, whatever that may even mean, and being one with nature is something I've started to explore and appreciate. Today's meditation sampler was about iRest Yoga Nidra. It's a mouthful. iPod, iPad, iPhone, iRest, iYoga; were they kidding me? Whatever it is (you can read more about it here; I'll do that later), it was a totally different experence from hatha yoga, yet at the same time incredibly calming and left me with way more energy than I've had all week. The class size was small - 7 people - and the lavendar eye mask must have begun to put me into some sort of la-la land. It was kinda like going to a spa. I'll go back.
Wellspring's Carma House offers support to people living with cancer, their friends, family, and caregivers. It's an incredible resource, with the house having been donated by a developer to give back to the community for their 50th anniversary. It's a respite, beutifully designed and located right by the river. Their programming is free of charge, truly adding some richness to our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment