First stop: The U of C Downtown Campus. I pleaded with the security guard to just let me walk up the stairs and poke my head around for a few minutes. This building is so photogenic.
On the outside it appears as if renovations to the parkade may be next. This looks suspiciously like architectural material samples, so I'm sure they'll be wrapping this old parkade in one of these.
Before leaving the city I stopped at Camper's Village. I looked for a small thermometer that goes on your backpack, they didn't have the kind I was looking for, so I got a tempacomp. As I parked my car, I noticed that someone had some fun with their snowshoe sale sign. It's right along Macleod, so lots of exposure. I did end up e-mailing this image to Camper's Village and wonder if they'll respond :-).
After that it was off to Black Diamond. I had come across the Bluerock Gallery online earlier this week so wanted to check it out. The pieces by David Zimmermann really stood out. I don't know what his paintings are amde of, but it's some unique material.
Then I poked my head into Marv's Classic Soda Shop...
... scoped out the Turner Valley Gas Plant ...
... as well as the new Kingsland Farmer's Market. There I got myself a New York striploin from Hoven Farms in Penhold, Alberta. It's organic beef that has never received antibiotics or animal by-products. Instead their cows eat organic grass and grain that has not been sprayed with chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides. Hmm, I sense a road trip to a farm visit may be in order this summer.
More photos in Picasa.









1 comment:
Variety is the spice of life! I like how you spiced up your life in four hours today!
Post a Comment