Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ganesha

It has been a busy few weeks for me at work with changing roles, and this morning I had an 8am meeting that had me a little tense.  Lots of big guys (as in higher-ups, not size :-) ), I was the only female, yet things they do need to be approved by me.  It went well, I walked out of there proud, and was glad to see that it's sunny again.  However, after having had heart flutters again earlier in the morning, I decided to take things easy and went for an A&W breakfast on my way to the office; they're treats usually reserved for after tough doctor appointments or while on a driving vacation.  Gotta love hot chocolate from a real mug on a cold winter morning.

As I got back to my desk there was a little cotton bag.  It didn't look like the usual material samples that I need to check, so I took a peek in.  I immediately figured out who it was from, and was very moved by the gesture.  S. had been to India for a month, and this was a Ganesha, a good luck charm of sorts.  Yes, I believe that this year will be better than the last, so I'll take any good vibes that come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park