Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lensbaby

Looking for some photography inspiration, I turned to the Digital Photography School website.  There's always new stuff on there, so one click led to another ... and another ... until I am falling in love with a Lensbaby.  I had never even heard of Lensbaby, and little did I know about tilt photography, but I watched their videos, I checked The Camera Store, Vistek, and eBay, and end up with a wish list - a big wish list.  For some weeks now I had been toying with the idea of getting a new lens, and while originally I thought the Sigma 8-16mm might be it, my 365 photography project makes me think perhaps I would lean a bit more towards macro than ultra-wide.  But really, I want both.  In comes Lensbaby...

A new wish list:

So, really, with the Lensbaby series one can get everything from macro to fisheye for approximately the same price as one other lens.  That tells me that there must be a catch.  Reviews are good, but how great is the quality of these Lensbabies?  How much of a fad is this creative focus photography?

Check out the Lensbaby Archive of Awesomeness to see what can be done with these lenses and attachments.

Back to reality now and my lone lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park