Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Squeeze

My mom went for her first mammogram since the lumpectomy.  Naturally, she was nervous about it.  I tried calling her an hour ofter her appointment, but still no answer at that time.  Anything that takes extra long these days makes you suspicious.  Turns out that she asked how long of a wait it would be for results (normally they mail you a letter), and ended up waiting for a radiologist who told her right away that everything looks normal.  Yay.  We're so overdue for some good news :-). 


I also went to see my doctor yesterday as I had been fainting, getting the strongest headaches I've ever had, waking up in cold sweats, and getting nauseous in the middle of the night.  This has been going on for over a month now.  According to him it's extreme stress that has build up over time ... the last 12 months to be exact.  Otherwise there's nothing to cause me to faint, become sensitive to all these foods, and feel generally burned out, so he told me to take that ugly white pill again to keep me from worrying and waking up like that constantly.  He recommends I take it for a few weeks at least, and believes that I won't be through it all even if my genetics results come back all clear.  Reassess in four weeks.  I'm afraid of taking those pills; side effects are nasty.

And lastly, I'm itching for something good this weekend.  I'll be in the city all weekend, so I have time for a grand day out.  I thought about Sentinel Peak, something SW of the city, perhaps something I'm not so familiar with.  Just explore, ramble, and enjoy the sun.  However, I'm currently too lazy to draft anything up, and quite frankly I'm tired of dealing with carpools.  So, maybe I'll aim for a solo summit or something, I really don't know yet.  These ones look exciting:
I need to get out :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park