It was March 17th of last year when it all began with the breast cancer diagnosis. I wonder what this year's March 17 will throw at us. Will we be able to mark the end of the most challenging year? Yesterday I ended up going for an evening drive. No destination in mind, but somehow I ended up at Shopper's on Centre Street. I figured it's time for a few treats, so got myself a big bag of epsom salts, a couple of face masks, and a bath oil - time to indulge tonight. Now I'm out to get some healthy food for myself for the morning (not going into work before genetics at 10), and maybe find myself a lucky clover. Superstitious perhaps, but I think we should celebrate - celebrate life, celebrate holidays, heck, even celebrate a drinking day.
And as luck would have it, the aforementioned friend sent me a quick FB message this evening. That put a smile on my face. It's simple, little things, things that we normally take for granted (or at least I always did) that enrich our lives. Part of me has a huge itch - to do things I normally would never do, to go out tomorrow night (there's gotta be room in some packed pub), to live, and to just be. To travel, to try a new career, to once again learn how nice it feels to be doing normal things.

1 comment:
I have said to you many times that you have more power within you than you recognise.When I next meditate I will direct blessings of healing toward you. Healing of the worry and stress.You can trade those in for what you want to feel. It is all in THE breath. xoxoxo
Post a Comment