Thursday, October 21, 2010

Recycling

Recently I've been drawn to more natural and healthier things, whether it's detergent, food, or anything else, it simply seems better without toxic substances.  There's even talk about getting used clothes as all the chemicals that stick around for the first few washes are gone.  I still prefer my clothes new, but we now have a full 'recycling depot' in my building, so that's made it much easier to recycle things.  No excuses really, and it makes me feel good when I can throw things in those bins.  Organic stuff goes down the garburator.  This week I've produced maybe 1/3 of a Safeway bag of real garbage, so there's improvement.

I'm still trying to figure out what to use for a natural laundry detergent, soap and make-up products.  Surely some of that stuff isn't good for us, especially if we plaster it onto our faces!  Anyone know of any good stuff out there?  I don't even know yet what 'ingredients' to really steer away from.

Here are some interesting products, all of which are made from recycled materials. 




I was out at IKEA this evening where I saw all their wooden storage units again.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a little storage/outdoor gear/collect your recyclabes room like this?  Someone's still itching for a bit more space ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park