My parents' lawyer suggested again that I do up a proper will. I had put it off for ages during my university and early work years, and then finally had my own version in place last year. I think in a way I've known all along that I wouldn't list older family members as beneficiaries; they all have their houses and whatnot, so what's the point? Instead, I figured that in the event something happened to me, it would make more sense to distribute things to younger people that I am closest to - the ones with the jobs, the ones trying to make ends meet, raise families, maybe still paying off student loans, and just dealing with 'younger people' stuff. Now I'm kinda at a crossroads again because I've temporarily scrapped that plan, don't feel there's anyone I'm that close to, so am debating whether I should just go for medical research or something like that. Who would benefit the most? Who needs something the most? What could really change someone's life for the better? A lab, a hospital, an orphanage? I really don't know. All this 'heavy stuff' is making my head spin. Listing a hospital might be the quick solution for now, at least until I decide what I'd want.
On a lighter note, I think Wednesday might be turning into regular yoga night. I'm tempted to go climbing as well, but am keeping relaxation and taking care of myself my top priority. Today was also make-up treat day - new eyeshadow and lipstick. Bold and confident :-).
Off to bed here for my new 10pm bedtime to read and unwind for an hour.

No comments:
Post a Comment