Saturday, June 4, 2011

Quiet

I've been feeling restless - restless in the sense that I can't get my mind to go still.  I was feeling run down from work this week and perhaps more this weekend than most had looked forward to getting out.  Unfortunately waking up to rain had me change my plans - this after deciding after 11pm last night that I would go stay at Hilda Creek for some real solitude, watch the stars, and then get up early for sunrise at the icefields.  Can you imagine what it would be like to be there just as the sun comes up?  Probably not a soul in sight, and definitely no cell phone reception, no laptop, just nature.  But, I felt like I needed a different kind iof break too, so didn't want to be driving 700km if I can't see much - especially if I couldn't get a full appreciation of Abraham Lake which I've wanted to see for so long.  Instead I spent too much time searching for a cheap getaway, but with little luck (add Island Lake Lodge to my lifetime list).  With the weekend only half gone, I'm already looking forward to the next one.  It's going to be a long week with luch presentations scheduled every day, as well as after-work functions to attend.  This means that Monday 7am to Thursday 10pm are fully scheduled.  Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a job you can leave behind at 5pm and not go at a superhuman pace all the time.  It is time for a change, and tomorrow (Sunday), I already talk to a potential future employer.  I need to go back to doing the work of one person, not three.  And while I appreciate the opportunities I've been given and moving up, the price to pay right now is too great for me.  I can't let this time pass me by.

I haven't read this while thing yet, but am intrigued by it.  Something about how to quiet your mind.

Quiet Mind
Bow Lake

Somewhere in the Tetons

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park