For a few hikes now, D. has been bringing rum balls: gooey chocolate with a nice shot in there. How one can actually store these in the freezer without grabbing one each time you walk by is beyond me. The Ribbon Falls balls sure had a big shot of rum in them and I could no longer resist trying to make my own. I got the recipe and am currently waiting for my mixture to chill so that I will have my own creation by breakfast. Taste test is done and as they didn't knock me out, I poured in some extra rum. If my coworkers are lucky, they may be guinea pigs in the morning. And if you hikers reading this are exceptionally lucky, there'll actually be some left come Saturday (what are the chances?!?!?).
And here it is, the recipe so that I'll always have it:
Magic Chocolate Rum Balls
3-175 g packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 cup dark rum into melted chocolate mixture
Melt chips with condensed milk. Remove from heat, stir in rum. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Shape into 3/4 inch balls. Roll in any of the following: Finely chopped nut flaked coconut, sprinkles or sugar. Enjoy! (while they last)
And in checking on my ball mixture an hour later, it's still soft. Maybe it just takes more time, or maybe I poured in too much liquid. I hope it's ok to leave it overnight.
Not mine - just a photo off the internet
No comments:
Post a Comment