I was thinking it's time for a massage or some sort of treat again, so decided to try something new: a full moon meditation. When I saw this posted online I had no idea what to expect, but figured it's worth a try if it doesn't look like it'll be some hocus pocus thing. This was the description:
Some people think that such gatherings are worshipping the moon or doing some sort of odd ceremony. In truth, it has nothing to do with the moon. At the time of each full moon, the moon is blocked by the light of the sun. The sun is in direct alignment with a zodiacal sign and this alignment of the planetary and solar centers creates the opportunity for the sun to transmit its energy to earth - either directly, or via the ruling planets of that sign. The direct transmission of this energy or contact releases tremendous energy all over the planet. In the words of Torkom Saraydarian: "This opportunity for contact is a moment of regeneration, a moment in which one can again contact his lost vision or contact a new and greater vision, charge all his being, and set his steps right on the path of evolution and service... there is a greater opportunity to annihilate many obstacles and hindrances in one's nature.Of course I still have no idea what that's all supposed to mean, but the evening started with one lady presenting some facts - about this eclipse tomorrow morning, how it affects Gemini, and energies. It sounded intriguing, and was more about learning some astrology facts than anything else. After all, if energies of the moon affect the world's tides and our bodies are made up of 70% water, then maybe - just maybe - the moon could affect people after all?
After that was a guided meditation, which felt like bliss with our eyes closed and soft music. I could finally unwind a little, so mission accomplished. When we were brought back (i.e., told to basically wake up), I thought maybe 15 minutes had passed. It had been an hour. In the midst fof that I drifted off to a summer field, felt the breeze, heard butterflies (though I'm not sure if they'd make any sound at all in real life), and looked into that little box of a present. There was something about that stuff tapping into one's unconscious, so who knows, maybe my present was a sign.

1 comment:
When I have meditated so, those long lingering endless moments have very often been exactly what was needed, and maybe what I was seeking but may not have known when beginning...
After so many years now of this quiet pratice, I have now accepted that no time is lost while meditating, even though we lose ourselves in that time. I'm glad you were able to connect with the self as you did...
Like you, I often post about meditations as writing about them maybe helps me understand a little more...
D
Post a Comment