Saturday, November 20, 2010

Winter wonderland

Spectacular doesn't even begin to describe today.  After a very cold start to the day (-22ºC and gusty winds when layers were put on), once at the lake things were calm and much warmer (-6ºc to -12ºC).  The sky had cleared and the sun was out; one could not have asked for a greater morning for some photography.  The day let me get two short hikes and numerous brief photography stops in, and what a treat to be going without a backpack and without snowshoes.  I think for the first time I've come to really like winter and the sound of one's footsteps in the cold, cold snow.  It was so quiet out there, so peaceful, so calm.  While it wasn't my normal type of Saturday generally comprised of a longer hike, I could not have asked for a more rewarding day. 

Stats for the day: Approximately 8.1km distance and 220m of elevation gain.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park