BBQ
Healthy food is a top priority for me this week! I'm determined to cut out even more processed food, eat more dark green veggies, and cook more. I've had a big steak craving again this past week, but keep getting disappointed in my steaks made on the stove. The craving hit again on the drive back to the city, so I detoured to Canadian Tire to look at BBQs. I know where they keep them, but instead was greeted by a plethora of Christmas tress. OK, I thought, if they're still on your website you should still have them. And I found them, but they were the big stainless steel variety - the kind that goes with a monster of a house. Finally, tucked away on a shelf in a corner, I found a boxed mini BBQ. I thought it might have been one that I read reviews for, but wasn't sure. And because they didn't have it on display, I decided to check another store out first. The top BBQ below was it, but reviews don't look too hot. I think I'll look at Home Depot tomorrow night to see what they have.
The portable one looks cool, but then I'd probably need another little table for it. I like the fact that I could take it car camping though. It looks sturdier too, but they didn'thave this one in stock. Maybe a BBQ will be my December treat?
In order that I won't keep putting this BBQ stuff off too much longer, I started with a consolation prize and got a cheap-o salt and pepper grinder. I love freshly ground salt and pepper on my steak! And I love steak with nice BBQed asparagus :-).
Goals
Coming back a different route to the city, I passed through an area that I really don't get out to much. Who knows what sparked the thoughts, but it made me come up with a list of goals for the next couple of years:
- New place to live. I think I'd like to move to a townhouse, or maybe even a smaller house. Something with a little yard where I can have a little firepit, some place where you can feel a bit more away from all the hustle and bustle. Heck, I'd even pitch a tent in the yard for times when I couldn't get away:-).
- New work. I'm much happier now doing new work, but I'm still finding that crazy deadlines arent't that good for me right now. Perhaps it's time to step back a little for a year or two and explore something else. There's so much that I'd like to try though that it's hard to make up my mind. In an ideal world, I think I'd like to mix some design with some outdoor stuff and some kiddie stuff. One day of print design + two days of outdoor/parks/planning + 2 days daycare?
- Explore. I need to keep things in balance, so I want to keep trying new things - each and every week! Explore a new local park, get groceries somewhere else (Community Foods in on my list!), try new recipes, try a local pool, and be less picky for a vacation destination. Just get out for a night on weekends without much planning. Be spontaneous. Sleep under the stars.
- Contentment. I was there a while ago, but have fallen off the wagon a little. I need to get my support network back and be able to enjoy some little things together, nothing big, but the little stuff that really does make a big difference.


No comments:
Post a Comment