Monday, November 1, 2010

From film to villa

Yesterday was my first time ever going to the Banff Mountain Festival.  I didn't even know until this past week that things sell out far in advance; I figured one could go, grab a ticket and see something.  Needless to say, catching a film was out of the question.  Instead I went to the craft sale in the lobby of the Eric Harvie Theatre.  I think I spent all of about 10 minutes there.  I would have liked to see some unique mountain/outdoorsy items, but it was more like 15 booths of things you can just as easily get on Banff Avenue.  Posters for some of the films looked really inviting though.  I think I will check out some of the Best of Banff 2010 films when they run in Calgary in January.  And the photography competition - wow!  Lots of very interesting and unique images; check them out.  I also had no idea that you can stay at the Professional Development Centre on campus there.  That might be worth checking out for some R&R one day.


Today I was out in Tuscany again, so looked at places with mountain views.  I've had this itch to move for some time now, and and again the Villa D'Este grabbed my attention.  It's bungalow units (so with a yard), as well as two-storey condos.  Both of those sound like they have potential as I want more space :-).  I'm still a little torn with this idea of living in the suburbs, but extra space, seeing the mountains, hearing the coyotes, and having Sobey's instead of Safeway really doesn't sound too shabby.  I think much of it will depend on how my life unfolds over the next few months -  how much space do I need vs. how much room do I want to play.

The last 24 hours have been a bit difficult in terms of medical stuff.  I've been tense and sad, wishing I could make decisions together with someone else rather than all on my own, but slept very well all things considered.  Today, however, I feel that I might need a sleeping pill ... and I did sneak 1/4 of those little magic white pills that ended up making me feel like crap last time.  The G. Clinic called this afternoon with an appointment, so I have to admit that I'm a bit worried about that.  Back to Az.'s advice though of expending the energy I'd spend worrying on better things!  I like that.  I think I'll be able to handle whatever is thrown at me now, but doing it alone does catch up to me every so often.  I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow.  This definitely isn't how I would have planned life, but I can't give up on things.  Fingers crossed.  And smile :-).  x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park