Today was supposed to be my day off, but I had important work to do, so went into the office to take care of things. I had a submission to make at the municipal building, it went very, very well (they told me it was the cleanest and most organized drawing set they've ever seen, which made my day), was done by 9:30, so took a stroll back to the office. I passed Out There, but they were still closed, so no sneaking in :-). Got things settled back at the office and decided to return to my day off status. I think my head's been hurting from too much thinking about what to do with all these medical issues, the person I really need to talk to about this is busy for the next couple of weeks, so I figured I'll put it on the backburner and take a day of 'me time'. Run some errands, clean out the closets, and other stuff like that.
I took a return stroll down to Stephen Avenue and headed straight for Out There. I had casually been looking for winter boots, and the Merrell Thermo Arc 8 immediately grabbed my attention. They're rated to -40ºC, the soles feel nice and sticky, and they just felt right when I tried them on. I found the price a little steep, but went for them as I had their 20% off November coupon. Then, however, I came home to realize on the MEC website that they're $20 less there to begin with, so called Out There for a price match and then apply my discount. So, that's how one gets a $179 pair of boots for $126. I'm happy with that. The disclaimer is that they said they'd do this once only. Four boots out of four for customer service!
No comments:
Post a Comment