Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cancer Sucks!

This week is feeling long already and it's only Wednesday.  My mom had a 7am appointment at the hospital this morning to have a peripherally inserted central catheter inserted; that's a fancy word for keeping access to one's veins.  They'll start giving her chemo and taking blood through this line as her veins have been getting too small and it's been taking an hour to just draw blood for blood tests.  Then this afternoon she was in there for almost four hours of examination.  Her blood counts are really low (wasn't that syringe medication supposed to take care of that???), so she'll likely get one or two blood transfusions tomorrow.  Then also a change of the dressing tomorrow, chemo on Friday (we hope!!!), and then that next syringe on Sunday night.  I really really, really hope that all of this is helping!  I feel like I need a bit of a break again, but there are always so many unknowns.  I need to take more time out - time to go out, do mindless stuff, be distracted.

In good news for today, I had lunch with my parents and then in the afternoon my project came in under budget.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park