Thursday, September 23, 2010

A history of my cameras

I don't remember exactly what cameras all I've used, but thought it would be fun to keep track of the ones that I do remember.  I didn't think there were this many.  Just goes to show how disposable electronics are these days.

Nikon D5000
(August 2010 - Present)
This is my first DSLR. I have a Nkkor 18-200mm lens on it (not shown), as well as Cokin polarizer, 2ND solid ND filter, and 2ND graduated ND filter.  12.1 megapixels.



Canon G10
(July 2009 - Present)
The camera inbetween a point-and-shoot and a DSLR.  I still love it for its many manual features in a pretty compact size.  I've dropped this thing so many times and it's still going strong.  This was also the first camera onw hich i staretd using filters and a polarizer.  14.8 megapixels.


Canon Powershot A620
(Fall 2005 - June 2009)
This was my first camera with swivel.  7.1 megapixels.


Canon Powershot A60
(August 2004 - Fall 2005)
2.0 megapixels.

Olympus C3000Z
(Late 2000 or early 2001 - August 2004)
This was my first-ever digital camera.  I really liked it at first.  In hindsight it was a clunker, and the floppy media cards (don't even remember what they were called) were truly finicky.  3.3 megapixels and even supported RAW (though I obviously didn't know what that was at the time).


Fujifilm cameras
(1990s)
I don't remember the models exactly, but I went through two cameras looking approximately like the ones below.  These were my first introduction to zoom.


Kodak?
(Pre-1990's)
This was before I owned a camera, so when I'd need one (i.e., to take to Girl Guide camp), I'd borrow my mom's first camera.  We've been trying to figure out exactly what it was (I need to find it in an old box or somewhere), but believe it was part of the Kodak Brownie Fiesta line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park