Today's sort of my Friday night. I'm catching up on a few things, but got a little distracted by looking through the photography challenges on dpreview (think two hour distraction!). I entered the 'Food' challenge with an old picture that I had from my Canon A620 (one of my cameras before the Nikon D5000 and Canon G10) and voted on a few others. It's interesting to see submissions from all around the world, though some are recognizable local scenes as well. There are some great photos in those galleries - certainly enough inspiration to make you just want to get out there and shoot.
As for work, I'm not quite sure what to do about that right now. I told them I'll work Tuesdays - Thursdays, didn't even ask. They said we can play it by ear. I'm not sure if my heart is in architecture anymore. I love the planning and programming, but can do without the stress and madness. With my shift in priorities I'm starting to think that I might feel more fulfilled if I worked with kids. I'm longing for other things these days, and a house and a family sound more like it. Maybe I've outgrown the downtown lifestyle?
MEC also e-mailed me, but it was an e-mail to sell toddler stuff. One of those generic e-mails that goes out to everyone, but it had me browsing stuff again (I guess their sales pitch is working!). If I had a kid, it would surely be introduced to some of these things at an early age.


No comments:
Post a Comment