A couple of months ago I was driving down Main Street in Canmore when a desk in a store's window grabbed my attention and I knew that this was it. It was big, had beautiful reclaimed wood fronts, and coupled with metal legs, mainatained a contemporary look. But, the price could have knocked off more than one's pants, so I started looking for duplicates. One day later I found one at Crate & Barrell. I fell in love, and decided that a desk wouldn't be what someone would build for me. I wanted this as an accent piece. I ordered it, and today it finally arrived. Unfortunately I have it placed against the window where one can't appreciate it's back side - a roomy book shelf - but I am very happy with it. And the shelf has proved very useful in shoving in the subwoofer, cabling, etc.
My new desk - metal lamp will have to go
Back side of the desk at the store
I've also been debating a hardwood floor (IKEA version) with a rug over it as opposed to this boring berber, but that will have to wait. So, as I was browsing for ideas, I came across very unique seating options. They all look 'different', but so very comfortable. This is the type of stuff that gets us designers excited.
Birdie Chair
Balancing Lounge
Rocking Chair
Anatomically correct chair for men
Here's a den design post I wrote last October. Now that this is turning into a more loungey space, what should I call it? 'Study' is too work-like, and 'den' sounds old-fasioned too (boy's gun room, anyone?). Any thoughts?






1 comment:
You have created such a nice space! I have some suggestions on what you could call it! Maybe one of these will work or will inspire you to come with another name!
"RETREAT" - place affording peace and privacy. It's been such a draining day having to attend all these meetings and listen to everyones ideas, I can hardly wait to get home to my RETREAT!
"ESCAPE" - break loose, get free (make the word a noun). One of the places where I feel I can leave reality behind and free my mind of all worries is at home in my "ESCAPE".
"LADY LAIR"
"B's BUNKER"
Post a Comment