Sunday, May 22, 2011

More Trails to Explore

Yesterday a friend mentioned that Gillean's volume II of the Kananaskis Country Trail Guide is out.  Last year the Calgary stores were a little late in receiving the books (Volume I), so it's just available at independent book stores so far.  I just got my version as Second Story Books in Canmore, and the timining coulnd't be better.  I've been eyeing Belmore Browne, which is in there, complete with map.  And with the long weekend, I'm trying to get to the Hwy 66/Powderface area tomorrow for some simple mountain biking and scoping out potential new trailheads.  This is exciting - seeing trails that aren't on Spirko's website, the Copeland books, or other popular areas.  Once the snow clears, I think there's huge potential for 'out there' stuff (bushwahcking, etc. :-) ) around the area in this book.  And with the snow lingering longer this year, I suspect that this may become an area to explore in more depth over the next month as we're still confined to lower elevations.

See some sample pages here.


And now, hopefully, over a year after starting this blog, it may just get back to outdoorsy topics as I had originally intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park