I am still in absolute disbelief that I finally get to go on a vacation, let alone actually have time to enjoy things. Some of the camera theory's hopefully in my head, so now it's time to try to apply all of that - get those mountain sunsets, sunrise behind arches, the texture of sand dunes, of desert, of rocks, of cities and towns. Try some star trails, some HDR, some filters. I'll be updating my photo blog every day.
I'm not sure what to expect weather-wise: over the last few days I've seen everything from predictions of 10cm snow in Colorado, to a sweltering 30ºC+ in Moab. As I don't do too well with the heat, I'm playing it safe and got a sun hat with a very wide brim. I had also spent some time finding a pair of ideal sandals - some that I could use for cycling, walks, and wading through water. Today I found the Keen Owyhee's and have been wearing them ever since. Super comfy, and you can throw them into the washer. I may even try to wear them for short 'hikes'. The store had a sale on for $20 off the next item, so I also got a pair of $19.99 water shoes with grippy rubber soles to use for all my crazy bushwhacks and water crossings. They're light enough to keep in a backpack. I feel like I'm actually all set for this trip a day ahead of schedule. Tomorrow night I'm off.

1 comment:
Nice hat! Nice sandals! Nice forecast! I look forward to seeing which photo gets chosen each day for your 365 Project!
Post a Comment