I took a rare
weekend off from hiking to try and
rejuvenate a bit. On Friday I went for a
massage (which was bliss), in attempts to loosen up my neck. I'd been feeling enormous pressure in my head for the last two weeks (to the point of nearly going to Emergency, but which I opted out of due to the long waits), so figured I'll 'self-medicate' by
busting stress and whatever else I can. This wasn't entirely new for me as I'd had this sensation of something feeling blocked in the left side of my head off and on for the past year (and which I believe has something to do with my fainting spells), but this time it just wasn't going away. Thursday night I started losing my balance, so I took that as a sign to slow down. I loaded up on healthy food (salad and tomatos!), vitamins, probiatotics, antioxidants, ear drops and anti-sinus something Tylenol. The latter two I've been taking religiously every six hours for the past two days and I am feeling some relief. Then last night as we drove to the airport and came over Sibbald Hill, my ears popped and it felt even better. Sibbald Hill is a whopping 1,400m, so that was weird. So, it's been much better and yesterday I ventured out for a drive to Banff with OA, which brings me back to what this post was actually supposed to be about: We both enjoy photograophy, so decided to swing by Vermillion Lakes. The weather was doing crazy stuff and within 15 minutes we had sun, rain, light hail, and blue sky. Rundle and others got snow at higher elevations from the previous night. Returning from Banff was when the weather really put on a show: Cascade was partially in clouds, leaves of the trees were blowing, and a raibow framed the highway. That's when I finally slammed on the brakes to stop and take photos, and within a minute about five cars followed suit. This is what we saw:

Vermillion Lakes and Mount Rundle in the clouds
Perfect timing for the canoe
Rainbow
Cascade Mountain
Valley SW of Cascade Mountain
No comments:
Post a Comment