Thursday, September 1, 2011
Exhibit
Last month it occurred to me that maybe - just maybe - I should slow down a little with my photography and really focus on coming back with a handful of really great photos, rather than a hundred that simply document my day. I've been toying with the idea of taking evening courses and learning how one might be able to freelance on the side. One word of advice I got at a photography seminar was to never, ever sell an image under $100. A few years ago I focused on architectural photography, had images as part of an international database, and out of the blue one of my tourist images gained me $150. That certainly was a nice surprise while I was still in university. I couldn't be bothered with it at the time, and figured I want to keep this as a hobby and not have it feel like work. Interestingly enough, an opportunity presented itself where an organization was looking for fall photos of the Lake Louise area. I submitted some small ones, and am now in the process of submitting high res versions which they requested. Details to be worked out, but it sounds promising that some might be featured in an upcoming exhibit at a busy place. I guess one has to start by getting your name out there.


No comments:
Post a Comment