Monday, August 1, 2011

Onwards

Today I've finally realized that I've started to live for the weekends.  Weekday work lets me out to play on Saturdays and Sundays.  I have to admit that work has been less than inspiring, and tomorrow negotiations shall begin.  Today I'm feeling very restless and itching to move (I'd like a small yard, even if just for a tiny amount of grass), quit work (because I haven't even had time for lunch in weeks), and move on to greener pastures (because I deseperately need more balance).  If there weren't the uncertainty of fall, I'd pack up my car and start driving - to Vancouver Island (and wing the West Coast Trail, which I've decided I will hike within the next year, so have made myself a MEC wish list to myself of things I still need to get to pull it off - needed something to get the ball rolling), to Wells Gray, the Tetons, the Cascades, Sequoia, and back to ROMO.  I'm still drawn to natural things - so much so that I've started wondering if it might be worthwhile doing a degree in earth sciences.  Or am I too old for that?  Am I just simply getting too old for a lot of things?  That child I so desperately wanted, and some people being so very cold.  Is this what a midlife crisis is like?  Surely there have got to be more rewarding things, so right now I'm planning a getaway for only myself and my camera next weekend.  I'll let things lead me where they will.



2 comments:

DSD said...

Too old... Now that's an interesting perspective I too have pondered and sometimes doubted over... Then, something happens, maybe on a trail, out in my kayak, often up on an elusive summit. The knees may be sore, my lower back even more so, the eyes need stronger glasses, etc., etc... Then, that something begins to dawn, the spirit refires, the energy recreates itself, and I take just the next step. Oh, I realize there are indeed things that are time dependent, but while we may not always get what we think we want, so many more times we discover what we truly need... And that is the magic, that something that appears just when we need it, if we only keep ourselves open to the experiences... To old for...
DSD

- B. said...

Very, very true, and again some much-needed inspiration - thank you! Looking at my adventures from the past year, there are indeed so man places that I've gone that I didn't think I would. I'm thinking the next weekend will let that 'energy recreate itself' - a few of my outdoors books are packed for a quiet night of reading and journeying under the stars.

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park