Today is the last scheduled chemo day. It feels unreal in a way. We're superstitious, so won't celebrate, but it's a happy moment for sure. In the past week my mom's even crawled up the stairs because she hasn't had the strength to walk. They say within 6-8 weeks after chemo we should see some improvements. I sure hope so, because my goal is to get her up to Grassi Lakes one day. It may not be much for the average person, but when you're fatigued to the point of needing a rest after walking 20 feet, it would be a huge achievement. Unbeknownst to me, when my parents visited Canada before I was born they went hiking in the Rockies. Here is a photo of my mom, in front of a mountain I'd like to identify. Fingers crossed for a long, long time of being done with this cancer business. x


3 comments:
Oh WOW I thought it was you on the picture!
Dont know the mountain.....
Fingers crossed for the Grassi Lakes hike! One day :-)
Marta Heske
That is a wonderful story of your parents and a great memory... From the view there, it could be that your Mom was looking across Bow Valley towards Mt Lady MacDonald? The Peak to the left looks very much like the summit just above the Hamlet that is after Canmore but before the Park entrance? Fingers crossed too...
DSD
DSD, I had thought Lady Mac at first as well, especially since my parents always visited that area, but am still not quite certain from the photo. Some of the rest throws me off.
Thank you for the fingers crossed :-).
Post a Comment