Friday, February 11, 2011

Summit time

I feel like I'm going on an expedition or something as my backpack is loaded.  I actually kept track when packing this time, and this is what all I'll be hauling up Isola tomorrow:

Gear:
  • 48L Backpack
  • Camera
  • GPS
  • Headlamp & spare batteries
  • Bear spray
  • Air horn
  • Avaluator
  • Muli-tool
  • Map
  • Compass
  • Thermometer
  • Hot shots
  • First aid kit
  • Thermarest bum pad
  • Crazy carpet
  • Snowshoes
  • Microspikes
  • Hiking Poles
  • Gaiters
Clothes:
  • Winter hiking boots
  • Extra boots for river crossing
  • Extra socks
  • Neoprene socks
  • Mitts with liners
  • Thin mitts
  • Toque
  • Rain/snow cap
  • Rain/wind jacket
  • Snow pants
  • Hiking pants
  • T-shirt
  • Icebreaker shirt
  • Hiking jacket
  • Neck gaiter
  • Headband
Food stuff:
  • Beef jerky
  • Power bar
  • 3 Fruit strips
  • Fruit salad
  • Trail mix/nuts
  • Treats for group
  • Platypus with Gatorade
  • Shot of summit Coke
  • Thermos with hot chocolate
Miscellaneous:
  • Wallet
  • 2 Cell phones
  • Aspirin & ibuprufen
  • Toilet paper
  • Comb
  • Plastic bags
I need to lighten my load!!!!

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Treats for group? I'll be there!

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park