It's cold out there!
It's been a bit of a crazy week since I went on my impulse purchase of a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 lens. I had considered extension tubes before, then magnifying filters, and other cheaper alternatives, but then tried this lens and fell in love with it. I still don't know if that's a good thing or not. The first night I owned it I actally woke up at 3am thinking what on earth have I done. The beast sure has a learning curve to it and it seems that your plane that's in focus (whatever you call that) is only 1cm or so for the real close-ups. The only thing I miss on my camera is the nice macros that my previous Canon G10 was capable of. That was a little miracle camera in that sense. So why do I buy a funky, new, big, heavy macro lens for my Nikon when I could just take along the G10 for macros? You get the idea... good glass as the snobs like to call it. To top things off, I also ordered the Sigma 8-16mm, which is the lens I've been eyeing for the last three months. I'm happy about being able to expand what I can do with my camera, but really spent more than I was planning. Then again, I figured if I work my butt off, can't have a family, and have a load of other bad stuff to deal with, this will be my treat. Time to live a little.
Today was also a crazy day. I had been feeling really burned out due to work pressures, and then this morning as I was in a long meeting where we were all standing around, I fainted. It happened quite quickly, I got warm, warmer, and really hot, then things went blurry, darker, and black. Luckily one of the guys caught me so that I didn't hit my head on the concrete floor when I fell. The next thing I remember was laying on the floor with a nurse raising my feet to her thighs to get more blood flow to my brain. Someone put cold wet cloths on my neck, and then finally someone brought water. A bottle of water has never tasted to so good. I attended the rest of the meeting sitting on a stretcher. I guess the one positive to working on healthcare projects is the fact that you have medical staff attending most meetings. Funnily enough, when I started to get hot, I looked around to see who was there and would be able to help.
I'm working from home half of the day tomorrow, so it's basically my weekend - weekend number two that I have to myself in the city since last March. Time to go for a long drive and take some photos.
1 comment:
Isn't the reason we work, to make money to give us the means to enjoy our passions in life! Why not buy a lens or two or three for your camera! You choose to reward yourself in that way, others choose to gamble it away while others prefer to sit at home and let the money grow in their account while life passes them by!
Take care of yourself so you can be out enjoying everything that makes you smile!
Post a Comment