Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gem of a find

I wanted to try something new yesterday, but didn't want to venture out too far.  Over the summer I've been learning more about the rocks in the Rockies, so I did a google search for rocks in town and found EarthGems.  It's a little shop on 17th Avenue that carries a plethora of rocks and minerals, as well as some fossils.  Call it hocus pocus, but I ended up getting four stones, most likely because I'm getting a little superstitious.

  • Carnelian - some believe that it stimulates, balances, and heals a woman's reproductive system.  Healing stone for cancer. Got it as a good luck charm.
  • Rose quartz - apparently the love stone.  What can I say, but maybe it'll bring some good luck for me.
  • Moonstone - supposed to balance inner hormone cycles and a stone for females.
  • Petrified wood - got this one just because I've never known whether it's wood or rock.
Front left to right: carnelian, rose quartz, moonstone
Back: petrified wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park