The joy that I have experienced over the past 24 hours being around a little kid was one of my most uplifting experiences after this difficult year. I got to experience things that I normally wouldn't have, and for this I am very grateful. I had no idea what to expect from a four-year-old, but we shared some precious moments. Last night I got a kiss on my hand, learned about the elf that watches you around the house and reports to Santa whether you've been good, we did some coloring, watched How to Train Your Dragon, and ate candy canes. This morning I was awoken with a kiss on my nose, read Christmas stories, learned that little miss has all of the princesses' phone numbers (except for Cinderella and Belle), had her sit on my lap, and got a big 'I love you'. So precious. I would have never thought that a girl this age can be so bright and clever. Kids definitely make us step back and see things through their eyes; I think we can all benefit from that. So, the next time I'm channel surfing, I might recognize some of what I learned during this time: I now know Bob the Builder, Dora the Explorer, the mole sisters, and something about a big annoying mouse.


No comments:
Post a Comment