Saturday, August 28, 2010

Life's pleasures


I've been feeling very content recently.  While the past few months have been the most difficult time of my life, I seem to have myself back together and am staying on track.  I'm exercising regularly, eating healthy, relaxing, not sweating the small stuff, and finding pleasure in simple things.  I can head out for long day hikes again without feeling completely drained.  My mind no longer races all the time.  I feel quite ready to go back to work, but won't accept feeling burned out on a Monday morning or being part of the typical rat race.  If I feel like I need some 'me time', I'll take it.  The past few months have taught me so much about life, how things can change in an instant, and how simple things can really help someone.  It's taught me to live differently, to appreciate what I have, and just to enjoy the moment.  It's been different not planning things a couple of weeks ahead, but I'm getting used to it.

I had a great hike yesterday, and finally a post-hike steak again.  I just devoured it!  I can never make it this well myself on my stove.  M. and I talked about cameras and photography stuff.  Chatted and watched TV, just being comfortable.  I was caught off-guard when he said we could talk about big stuff.  I haven't cried in weeks now, so didn't feel ready.  I didn't want to be sad again.  Still, it's so comforting that he knows that there are things he should know about and is ready to discuss them.  It means so much to me. 

My new camera's also been a great toy.  I'm getting the feel of it, and I like it.  So far I've still been taking most photos on the auto settings, but am slowly working myself through the manual and getting it set up the way I like it.  The past few days were nice and sunny, so gave me some shots with nice intense colour.  Now I want to bump it up a notch and spend more time playing with the settings while having it on a tripod.  M. said he might have a photography day tomorrow.  I'd been planning the same thing, so it would be nice if we could do it together.  Even for a rainy day, the grotto in Banff looks like a very photogenic spot (because it's indoors).

Happy weekend :-)

Grotto

Bankhead

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park