Thursday, April 29, 2010

Caffeine

For years I've had my daily morning diet Coke. I need the caffeine fix because I don't drink coffee. If I don't have it, I feel tired and grumpy. According to Wikipedia, "Caffeine is a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that is a psychoactive stimulant drug". A couple of years ago a friend had sent me an hour long YouTube video of why aspartame is bad for you too. It stuck with me ... for a week. Maybe it's me trying to eat healthier and do healthier things, but as I stood in front of the fridge this morning, I figured I'll quit cold turkey. I've made it through the work day, so now I just have the evening to get through. I'll be out for a while, so at least I won't be tempted. And I suspect that maybe - just maybe - I'll actually go to bed earlier again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Latest Inspiration


Garden of the Gods

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park